terça-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2011

Wasting


Wasting life in drops of water which could fill the bowl where we all swim, but it's not the earth I mean
Crossing jungles filled with monsters made of clay and garbage and those big eyes I think they're glass
This is all your fault for not having sold her that old bicycle of yours; it wasn't even that good back then

Chorus:
Riding a unicorn through the swamps and meadows of my home town
Helping the needy and the already dying out of hunger and boredom too, I guess

Is that a useful tool, that new mind reading software we just made out of the blue chips blue tooth blue sky and all that other bullshit too
There's this void inside of me which paradoxically means that there's still something filling me
Which brings me back to my original argument, about the earth or something blue, I think I've forgotten the rest

Chorus:
Riding a hurricane into your hometown, dragging houses, trees and cows
I'm taking all of it with me, just please don't ask me why

2 comentários:

  1. the bicycle wasn't even that good "back then". i was googling unicorns and came across this. congratulations. it is beautiful, sentimental, almost erotic...

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Wow thanks! This is amazing. I'm Brazilian and had only been publishing my poems and song lyrics in portuguese. Then just as I published the first one in english I got my first comment in this blog! Really amazing. It must mean something. I'll try and write more in english. In fact, my first "literary" works were in english, mainly heavy metal lyrics. Thanks for the "back then" and the nice words and all...

    ResponderExcluir